Saturday, January 5, 2013

Final Blog

This Google Project was challenging. This Google Project was frustrating and time consuming. But this Google Project was also meaningful and the best thing I have ever done with my time the whole year. Everyday Jessica and I went to that school, I felt like I was making a difference. The children we taught loved our classes, and you could really see how well they improved over the month. Jessica and I not only learned a lot of about teaching music, but also about the kids that we taught. After recording Jingle Bells, I felt that the clarinets had gone a long ways from when they first picked up their instruments and puffed out a squeak. Now they know a few notes and squeak only the majority of the time! I can't wait for next year when we add more teachers and instruments and get this thing an actual program. Jessica and I are still continuing working with the kids for the rest of the school year until March (when we both have after school sports) Glad this project worked for us and glad EFM happened:)

-Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment