Saturday, November 10, 2012

Second Lesson/Google Day

Wednesday we had our second lesson with the kids. So far, we have been using the standardized "Red Book" with the kids and I have taught my kids three notes already. Then I assigned the very first page as homework.

For our Google day I ordered a music theory book for myself but I brought it to class thinking there was a lot of good material we could teach the kids from the very beginning of the book. So we made a lesson plan and put "FACE" and "Every Good Boy Deserve Fudge" with a fun quiz at the end of the class (fun because we were thinking of getting them little prizes if they answer) Jessica and I have been finding that it is more difficult keeping the lessons educational, but not boring them at the same time. But using our Google day as a planning session, I think we have next week's lesson perfected!

-Samantha Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment