Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lessons Day 1

Hello! Sammy and I gave our very first lesson today to the kids at Buckman Elementary School! We had five students total: 2 for me and 3 for Sammy. Because today was an introductory day, we started by teaching them the basics. I taught my 2 students how to put together the parts of the flute, including aligning the headjoint with the keys on the body, etc. Then, I told them to remove the headjoint from the rest of the flute, and taught them how to get noise out of just the headjoint. I was so ecstatic when both of the girls made sound! We then put the flute back together and I showed them where their fingers should be on the flute and how to sit with proper posture. After we were done playing, I taught them how to properly clean the flute and how to put it away safely. Towards the last five minutes of class, Sammy and I reunited and showed the five students metronomes, tuners, etc. Overall, it was a very successful class and we are so excited to keep working with them! With a little bit of practice, all of the students will be able to make beautiful music in no time!

-Jessica Lee

1 comment: